You may not realize that as a homeowner you are responsible for the underground service lines that run from the street to your home. A number of problems can occur with these lines, such as rust, corrosion and system breakdowns, that are not covered under most home insurance policies.

Service Line Coverage protects you from losses due to damage or failure of these lines by extending your home insurance coverage to underground piping, wiring, valves and more.

Let CAA Insurance help shield you from unexpected and costly repairs. If you have CAA Home Insurance, you're eligible to receive Service Line Coverage for as little as $15/year!

What's include in Service Line Coverage?

This product provides coverage for:

  • Damage to your underground service line that is the result of a failure of this line. Problems that can occur include: wear and tear, rust, corrosion, decay, deterioration, defects in the line, freezing, collapse of the line (not including sinkhole collapse) and electrical, mechanical or pressure systems breakdown.
  • Costs required to repair/replace the damaged covered service line that is the result of a service line failure.
  • Your outdoor property that is damaged as a result of a service line failure or that is damaged during the excavation of this line following its failure.
  • Extra costs to make temporary repairs or to expedite permanent repairs/replacements to your service line that is damaged as the result of a service line failure.
  • Damage to wiring used for communication or data transmission.
  • Additional living expenses and rental values.

How does the coverage work?

By adding this coverage to your homeowner policy, you can get protection against such instances as stated above, which average $6,000 per occurrence. There is a deductible of $500 and a coverage limit up to $10,000 per occurrence.

For more details, call 1-877-222-1717 to speak with a CAA Insurance Agent.

Get an online Home Insurance quote now!

Click here for the full coverage document.

1CAA Service Line is underwritten by CAA Insurance Company. Claims administered by Mutual Boiler Re®. Certain conditions, limitations and underwriting guidelines apply.

Property Insurance is underwritten by CAA Insurance Company.